The Papercrafter's Nook Store

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Calligraphy

Ok...So, I didn't get to work on the Halloween treat boxes. Yet. I'll get to them.
Instead, I worked on my calligraphy skills.

Calligraphy is such a detailed art form. I absolutely love it.

Calligraphy makes you pay attention to the beauty in writing. Printing on printers does not give you that same hand-made effect.

There's something special about receiving an invitation that was handwritten in calligraphy. Or a gift on special parchment paper in calligraphy.

I would love to explore the many different techniques of calligraphy...like gilted or gold-plating letters, guache, creating my own calligraphy rubbers stamps for projects...The ideas are only limited by your imagination!

Happy Crafting!

~ Rachael

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...